[Tigers] Edlebrock Intake Question and Answer

To: TIGERS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: [Tigers] Edlebrock Intake Question and Answer
From: Jeffrey Nichols <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:28:15 -0700 (PDT)
"I am finally going to go ahead and switch out my original LAT option
Tiger script intake manifold for an Edlebrock Performer intake. I've
been told repeatedly that I will notice a real difference when I put
 the
pedal to the metal."

  Here is a link http://www.jason.fletcher.net/tech/intakes/intakes.htm that
compares HP and torque for a number of different manifolds installed on a Ford
5.0.  The interesting part is that it includes the "Tiger" low rise manifold
plus the LAT F4B (known as Ford "Cobra").  Also, included is a stock Ford
manifold.    The "Tiger" manifold overall didn't make more HP than the stock
(215.5 vs 215.1) but had slightly higher torque (283.6 vs 280.1 ft/lbs) value.
More HP and torque was made by the "Tiger" manifold over the entire RPM range
when compared to the stock Ford manifold.   I recall reading  that the the
"Tiger" manifold was considered junk.  At least it is better than stock.

   Switching to the Performer low rise will give peak 233.7 HP and  284 ft/lbs
torque versus the 215.5 HP and 280 ft/lbs from the "Tiger" manifold.  No
Performer RPM is tested.  The F4B kicks HP to 231 and torque to 288.2.  I'm
sure the Performer RPM would improve on those numbers.

                                                     Jeff