Re: [Tigers] Subaru Master Cyl. - Do the math

To: <FHSLOTH13@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Subaru Master Cyl. - Do the math
From: "Rense, Mark (GE Indust, ConsInd)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 09:19:23 -0400
Fred, I have been running the 5/8" bore master cylinder on both of my
Tigers for at least the last five years. The braking effort is a little
higher than with the stock booster, but the feel is much more tactile,
and modulating lock-up is much easier when approaching the limit.

If you are going to use the 5/8" MC, make sure that your rear brakes are
in tip-top condition, your adjusters lubed and free, and your drums are
true.

You will need to adjust your rear brakes a lot more, since you are
displacing less fluid with the smaller bore. I consider it a fair
trade-off.

Bugz