Re: [Tigers] Red Grease

To: Theo.Smit@dynastream.com, tiger@missiongranite.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Red Grease
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 14:36:37 EDT
I have always been curious about the scarcity and high price  of  this red
grease. I remember using it in the early 60's on an Austin  Sprite. So, if it
was being manufactured that long ago it would seem that it's  not some kind of
exotic, modern formula.  I wonder why no one has  duplicated it for a
reasonable price? There has to be a demand when you look at  the number of
older
British cars in the US.
I have to hand it to the manufacturers and distributors.  They  have kept it
scarce, mysterious, in small quantity tubes and  kept the  price right up
there.  I going to be pretty pi$$ed off some day when  we find that all along
it
was just Vaseline with some red dye mixed  in:-)
Mark

listings at AOL Autos.