Re: [Tigers] MC bore

To: Robert Palmer <rpalmerbob@roadrunner.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] MC bore
From: Bob <bob@hermitagewood.com>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 19:16:51 -0500
Geez, this is a tough crowd.   No wonder I usually only read the list
rather than contribute.

Yes, I suppose it is a theory, but I had other indications of the
problem at disassembly, plus there where signs while it was still
working that because obvious in retrospect (after disassembly).   For
example, the pedal was too hard, the clutch released in a short amount
of pedal travel, and pushing the clutch to the floor would in effect
partially re-engage the clutch, at least partially (something was
touching the clutch disk with the pedal at full travel).   I suppose too
that it is possible that a good quality heavy duty hayes pressure plate
would break a fulcrum bolt when operating within its normal range, but
it would be the one and only failure of this type of which I have every
heard.

--Bob
'66 Tiger 382000782