[Tigers] the vacuum port on the Holley carb,

To: fastsage@cox.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] the vacuum port on the Holley carb,
From: Carmods@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 14:27:46 EDT
_fastsage@cox.net_ (mailto:fastsage@cox.net)  writes: Maybe  because there
was little vacuum coming from the port on the
metering  block  Have I made the right decision?

Steve,
I prefer to use the the vacuum port below the butterfly  valve on the Holley
carburetor.  Some people don't. There is not supposed  to be vacuum at that
port at idle. This provides a lower advance at idle that  improves idle
quality.
When the butterfly valve began's to open you will  get vacuum to operate the
distributor advance. If you put a gauge on the  line and drive the car you
will see the vacuum come in as you open the  throttle.

John Logan

favorites at AOL Food.