Re: [Tigers] interesting clutch observation

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] interesting clutch observation
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 08:27:24 -0700
The pilot bearing may be worn.  This can create a random centering of the
clutch in relation to the centerline of the crank.   Your 3-4 tries to make
it go away could possibly be the odds of getting it on center.

  Also, check your transmission (and bellhousing) to see that it is tightly
bolted in. When I got my Tiger all the tranny bolts were loose and took
about 2 turns each.  I haven't driven my Tiger (long term, econo
restoration), but I'm dreading the effects that had on the pilot and other
transmission bearings that were being "leveraged."
Tom