Re: [Tigers] hose fittings and adaptors

To: <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>, "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] hose fittings and adaptors
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 13:15:15 -0600
I'm guessing AN.
http://www.hydraflowusa.com/products/hoses.aspx

A 6-AN fitting is about 3/8" bore.

If you have to mail-order stuff and connect AN and pipe thread things
together then Summit Racing or Jegs are probably decent places to start
for either house-brand or Earl's or other hose vendors' stuff. If you
have to put aluminum pipe thread fittings into aluminum parts (such as
fuel pressure regulators, other AN fittings, or oil filter adapters)
then make sure you knock the sharp outer edge off the male pipe threads
with some (wet) 400 grit paper or something, and use anti-seize
compound, because otherwise it's pretty much 100% guaranteed to gall and
destroy both parts.

Theo