Re: [Tigers] clutch choice

To: owain.lloyd@gmail.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] clutch choice
From: Sjhcobra1@cs.com
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 12:25:31 -0400
Owain:
My opinion is to go with the Centerforce II.  I have it in my 3 Tigers and have
for over three years with great satisfaction. I drive my cars regularly, not
infrequently.

I had a Centerforce Dual Friction in a Shelby Cobra Replica that I owned for
eight years and I would not recommend it for a street car. You pretty well have
to dump it for a clean release.

I had a Zoom clutch in a 1966 Caprice 396 back in the 70s and again would not
recommend it for a street car. Too much pedal pressure to engage it.

The CF II has great release and doesn't require tons of pressure to engage it.
You'll be pleased.  My 67 Tiger is a 301HP 289, My 66 is a 279 HP 260 and my 65
is a 189 HP 260.

Steve Halbrook