[Tigers] Parts is Parts

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Parts is Parts
From: "Jeffrey Nichols" <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 23:51:05 -0400
>From the Russo Steele web site:

"Following this incident, the car was dismantled with Oseid retaining the
salvageable parts and most importantly the ownership MSO document he obtained
from Peckman.

In 1985 George Stauffer purchased the MSO and various parts to 3012, and had
Brain Angliss of AutoKraft in England rebuild the car utilizing a new chassis
and aluminum bodywork."

It appears that the most important part of the car is the "MSO document"  I'm
not familiar with a "MSO" document.  Is that the title to the car?   The web
site doesn't mention what parts were saved and reused.  Lets see, 1985 chassis
and bodywork, what could they have used from the original, maybe door hinges?
This car doesn't seem to be any different than any other Cobra replica to my
way of thinking .If I had the money and wanted a genuine Shelby Cobra from the
1960's, I would take a pass on this one.  I'm sure it will attract serious
Cobra money because of the history and the "MSO" document.

                     Jeff