Re: [Tigers] Panhard Rod Bushings (Dumb Question : Need Smart

To: "'Bill Waite'" <fordlandia@sbcglobal.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Panhard Rod Bushings (Dumb Question : Need Smart
From: "Jerry" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 14:21:23 -0500
Bill,

All your assumptions are correct.

Jerry Christopherson
9473187

-----Original Message-----
From: tigers-bounces+jcmc2006=suddenlink.net@autox.team.net
[mailto:tigers-bounces+jcmc2006=suddenlink.net@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of
Bill Waite
Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2008 12:30 PM
To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Panhard Rod Bushings (Dumb Question : Need Smart Answer)

I just installed Tom Hall's repair kit for the Panhard Rod bracket that is
mounted to the chassis.  A real slick kit and great instructions.  I also
bought new bushings from Sunbeam Specialties (4 of them).

The Shop Manual isn't clear on one item that I failed to make note of.  I
assume that one (1) rubber bushing goes on each side of the brackets (the
bracket on the chassis and the bracket welded to the rear axle housing).  In
other words, the bushings "sandwich" the brackes, rather than both going on
either the outboard or inboard sides.

Also, one side of each bushing is flat, which the other side has a small
rubber "ridge" around the through hole.  I'm thinking the side with the
small ridge need to go against the brackets... nestling in the holes.  Or,
do I have it back-a%%wards?

Thanks for your help.

Bill Waite
Grand Rapids, MI