Re: [Tigers] russo steele tiger listing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] russo steele tiger listing
From: David Sosna <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 21:14:18 -0700
Duke:
Now I'm even sorrier I didn't get to see your car at United!
A set of those was on my Tiger when I bought it (still have the wheels,
tho the car is gone).  They're very light--I believe they were a
magnesium/aluminum combination (magnalume??).  Or perhaps they were all
magnesium. One of the wheels had a crack and I couldn't find anyone
who'd weld it ("Magnesium?!?  Sorry, gotta go.  I think I hear my mother
calling!!") :-)

And yes, I do know what happens if magnesium ignites. :-(

They look good on your car!

Best Regards
David Sosna
P.S. Surprised to find out there's at least 2 other Tigers with those
wheels.
P.P.S.  I believe that's the same JAP that built the engines on the
Morgan 3-wheelers.  Anybody know for sure?