[Tigers] Panhard bars and more

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Panhard bars and more
From: Jeffrey Nichols <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 16:54:04 -0700 (PDT)
"know that G.T. 350's had
wire to keep the rear end in order when airborne but don't know if they
 had
a panhard rod and since I am not very familiar with them, I will defer
others on the site that will know."

  The 1965 Shelby Mustang GT 350 had both a wire loop around the axel to limit
up - down travel plus traction bars mounted above the leaf spring.  A slot was
cut  in the sheet metal  where the rear seat sets and a bracket was welded
above the front spring eye inside the car.  The traction master bar ran from
the bracket to the rear axel.  A rubber flap was put over the slot to keep out
water and dirt out of the interior.  This allowed the traction master bar to
move in the same plane as the axel avoiding the problem Tigers have when the
traction bars are mounted below the springs and axel.    Instead of a rear
seat, 1965 Shelby mustangs have a fiberglass panel with the spare tire mounted
on it..

  The later Shelby Mustangs dropped the tracton master bars, wire loop, rear
panel  and mounted the rear shocks on opposite sides of the axel to control
wheel hop.  It was probably cheaper this way plus the car was more useable with
a rear seat.

                                                    Jeff