Re: [Tigers] overheated solenoid

To: "Tiger Email List" <tigers@autox.team.net>, "Mike Michels"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] overheated solenoid
From: "steve wick" <srwick@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 22:18:58 -0700
Did the solenoid click once or chatter. I've seen a hot starter that's ready
to fail, not
turn over when the solenoid engaged (single click). If the solenoid
"chattered", and you
had sufficient voltage at the solenoid, the contacts are probably pitted and
the solenoid
just needs replaced. I have taken them apart and cleaned the contact surfaces
before
but it's not worth the time and effort, unless you're stuck at a buddy's place
and the
parts houses are all closed.

Steve