Re: [Tigers] Trunk Hinge Removal

To: mai65tai@sonic.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Trunk Hinge Removal
From: PhastPhill@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 11:35:10 EDT
I did mine last winter. I took the bolts out of the trunk holding the arms.
Let the arms down and take off spring. Put arms back on trunk wrap them with a
 cloth and clamp with a small vise grip. Take out tank, right side first.
Repeat  on other side. When done drop arms one side at a time , put on spring,
bolt back  on trunk. Check spring anchor points, mine were starting to pop the
spot welds.  Next tip, buy all new rubber bits for tanks, then just cut the old
stuff away  when removing, makes it simple. Leave old balance tube till you
need to use it  as a snake to pull new one through.......cheers