[Tigers] Some Tiger History

To: "Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Some Tiger History
From: "Bill Rogers Motorsport Memories" <milward@roadrunner.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:56:50 -0700
This last weekend was the Ventura Motorsports Gathering in downtown Ventura,
CA for racing and sports cars. I took the only Tiger and Jay Laifman took his
Alpine. It is a new show modeled after the Quail get-together at Monterey.

Tigers were outnumbered 20:1 by Ferraris and there were about 250 European and
US sports and race cars including "Old Yaller" and many exotics and rare
machines; a perfect Pegaso took best of show. An absolutely terrific event and
Darrell Mountjoy should definitely bring his Le Mans car next year.

While I was there a gentleman came up to me and introduced himself as Scooter
Patrick and told me he was a Tiger dealer in the '60s as PAM Foreign Car
Service in Manhattan Beach. Yes, he was the same Scooter Patrick who drove
Porsches for Otto Zipper. At the time he was competing with Larry Reed for
Tiger sales.

He then told me a story about a special Tiger they put together at the very
end with a fast back body, similar to the Harrington, and various other mods.
The car was shown to Chrysler and exhibited on the Chrysler stand at an Auto
show. Nothing came of the project and the car disappeared. Has anyone heard of
this before? I have seen nothing in the books other than some odd styling
exercises.

Scooter is now involved in vintage aircraft at Rialto and as an aircraft guy I
had a long conversation about that. It might be fruitful for one of the CAT
historians to track him down and interview him properly as this could be
another interesting side bar to Tiger lore.

Bill Rogers