[Tigers] Race of the Century, August 16

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Race of the Century, August 16
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 11:27:51 -0400
Join TE/AE for our mid summer gathering at the Collings Foundation in
Stow, MA.

Race of the Century
Saturday, August 16th
Stow, MA
Hours: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM

An extraordinary event that pits some of the greatest technological
advancements in air and ground transportation against each other in a
series of "races"

Exhibits and displays throughout the event. Races start around 1:00 PM

Entire Facility Open Daily: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Gate Fee: $15 Adults / $10 Children

What are the races?  How about a horse and carriage vs. a 1905 Franklin
or a Stanley Steamer?  A Stutz Bearcat vs. 1909 BLERIOT?  A 1937 Offy
sprint car vs. a Stearman?  Want more info and directions?  All the
answers are on the Foundation's web site at:
http://www.collingsfoundation.org/cf_RofC2008.htm

In addition, I have some photos from my visit to their open house last
spring (no races) at:   http://www.pbase.com/sb_photos/bobstoys

I have checked with the Foundation staff, and if we get there early
enough we would probably be able to park together.  So plan on being
there by 10:00.  Bring a picnic lunch or buy food on site.  There's
plenty to see, since there is quite a collection of antique aircraft and
cars.  Rides in the aircraft are available for a substantial fee, but
there is advanced booking.  Check the web site for details if you are
interested.

Note: The races are on both Saturday and Sunday.  We are going on
Saturday, saving Sunday for a rain date.

Please RSVP so I have some idea how many are coming.

Stu Brennan

stubrennan@comcast.net