[Tigers] Re-coring

To: <Rollright@aol.com>
Subject: [Tigers] Re-coring
From: "Jeffrey Nichols" <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:44:21 -0400
"Looks like it is time to get the radiator re-cored. I am asking of any tips
in this regard. What works, should/can I get it done locally, or if there is a
 magic bullet lurking out there. I want to stay with a copper/original style
radiator, not an aluminum one. There is a local shop that could do the  work,
but I'd like to benefit from the accumulated wisdom of  you Listers."

I had a shop recore the radiator with an original type core.  When I bought
the car it used to dump rad fluid because 1/4 of the core was blocked.  Since
then, it has never over heated even during the Woodward Dream Cruise which is
coming up in a couple of weeks.   Look at the TE/AE web sites for a great
article on what works and doesn't work to cool your Tiger.  You will find the
simplest and cheapest mods have the greatest affect on lowering your cars temp
reading.

                                             Jeff