Re: [Tigers] Engine ID Update: 260 HP Version of the 260?

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Engine ID Update: 260 HP Version of the 260?
From: Gary Crandall <maliburevue@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 18:12:08 -0700 (PDT)
Since we are recollecting the past... when I was a young teenager in the
summer of 1965, I remember rafting down the Merced river in Yosemite to
Stoneman Bridge and jumping off the bridge (back when they let you have fun).
As we were sitting on the side of the bridge waiting for more rafters to
cannon ball, a new 1965 Mustang fastback came by with a teardrop hood. It was
jacked up, competition orange and sounded like a million bucks. It definitely
caught my eye. What was interesting was that on the front fenders it had a
'High Performance 260' emblem, NOT a 289!!! There was another Mustang in the
neighborhood with the 'High Performance 289' emblems, so I knew the
difference. I have never seen one since. It may have been a custom emblem, but
I have always wondered.

Gary