[Tigers] ALGER?? or TIGER ????

To: Cullen McCann <cmccann@lwpb.com>
Subject: [Tigers] ALGER?? or TIGER ????
From: Jeff Howarth <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 01:15:36 +0100
All,

Did anyone read that the car was restored by 'syndicate' - I googled it
and its a custom shop in San Diego- does anyone know it ? Their website
has a few nice looking cars with lots of $$ spent.
Not the sort of shop you would go to in order to fake a tiger if the
site is accurate.

IMHO I think we should use our knowledge to check out cars with an open
mind and not shoot form the hip as soon as a non expert description is
discovered. There are a lot of owners outside of this group, its not the
easiest to find these days for a new owner.

Don't get me wrong, Fraudsters are best confirmed, lined up then shot
square between the cats eyes - just above the grille centre badge !
(alternatively, facilities permitting, dropped into the Tiger pen at the
local zoo)  :-)

Maybe an open offer of authentication from the CAT / STOA / STOC  etc
website could be used as a way of welcoming Tiger owners / Sellers.

A first impression of - Challenge, doubt and conjecture put off
potential owners and enthusiasts as well as fraudsters.

Any thoughts ?

regards.

Jeff

In message