[Tigers] K&N Air Filters, P/N's

To: Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] K&N Air Filters, P/N's
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:12:03 -0700
Mark,

I've had both the original paper filter, and the K&N.

 The stock paper filter is un-obtanium, and comes folded in a
rectangular c/s small box.  It needs to be stretched, and attached to
the other end with the sticky surface provided.  Replacement oval paper
filters are  available.

I am using the K&N replacement, which is cleanable, and re-oil able with
the K&N oil. The Part Number is *E-2859,* and the "E-3710*" *seems
identical. Originally from Sunbeam Specialties, who no longer stocks
this part as K&N decided their sales volume wasn't large enough. It is
oval, 1 1/2 inches thick, and perfectly fits the original air filter.

These are not listed by application as the cars are too old, and limited
quantities to list them.  However, they still work well. They are
searchable by part number.

I recommend this as it is a good filter, and MUST be cleaned and
re-oiled occasionally (going on 20K miles and still looks good)

Autozone, Pep Boys, and many other dealers are on the K&N website:

http://www.knfilters.com/filtercharger.htm

but stocking needs a call to your dealer.  The List Price is  about $59.

Steve

--
___
Steve Laifman