[Tigers] Carb Issue solved

To: tigers@autox.team.net (Tiger's List)
Subject: [Tigers] Carb Issue solved
From: tym2@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:05:48 +0000
A while ago I sent and e-mail to the list regarding the trouble i was having
with my car (carburetor).  The car didn't idle smooth and only performed well
when I would really get on it.  I have a "built" 302 with a Carter Competition
Series carb.

Finally, I took it to a guy who specializes in carburetors.  He took the top of
the carb off and it was filled with water - old, black water.  He said it had
been in there so long that it was black, and the butterflies were rusty.  He
bead-blasted and rebuilt the carb installing new metering rods, butterflies,
and bigger jets as he said the car was running to lean.

To make a long story short, the car is now running great.  The obvious
question?  The answer is "No."  I have absolutely no idea how the water got in
there!

Thanks again for all the support I got from the list.  Helpful as always.

--
Tym McDowell