Re: [Tigers] Vibration

To: "CoolVT@aol.com" <CoolVT@aol.com>, "mark.rense@ge.com"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Vibration
From: "Teepen, Jere" <jteepen@usatoday.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:26:30 -0400
Do you still have the old wheels and tires available?  If so, put them back on
and check to see if the problem persists.

Also, what type of wheels are the new ones?  The current Panasports (if
applicable) are not hub centric and can cause what you describe.  If you try
the above suggestion and the  vibration goes away, re-install the new wheels
and mark their orientation.  If the problem recurs, remove each wheel one at a
time and turn it 90 degrees and drive the car to see if the vibration is still
there.  This is rather time intensive and may not resolve the issue, but it
worked for me with Panasports (or any other non-hub centric wheels I
suppose.)

As for the different size tires being the issue, I have always run different
sizes front/rear on several types of wheels over the eons, and have never
found this to be an issue.

Jere Teepen