[Tigers] Re How hot is hot ?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Re How hot is hot ?
From: <sralsten@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:15:39 -0400
Thanks all for the help. My mistake so far...

I reported the fan as stock 4 blade. Apparently I don't count as well as I once
did It is 5 blade.

I'll start this weekend by making certain that what I do have in place is
working properly by flushing the radiator and perhaps replacing the thermostat.
It's been a long long time since I did any of my own car work and I've never
done it on a Tiger.

I don't know what laser thermometers cost but I'll try to find or buy one.

First question, are Tigers metric ?

One suggestion I got was "flush and back flush" I don't understand back flush ?
I do understand running water through from the radiator end with the heater on.

The shop manual suggested one of "several" brands of radiator cleaners. Any
suggestions  on a modern brand ?

I also see no indication of how full the overflow tank should be. Where do I
fill it
to ?

I've been told water is a better coolant than anitfreeze and since its only
been below 32 degrees here once in 20 years I'll probably go 90/10 mixture. The
car came from Oklahoma and may be running much more antifreeze.

If I still have doubts after this I'll start looking at mods in that TEAE
article.

Steve