Re: [Tigers] radiator hose sucking shut

To: Rollright@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] radiator hose sucking shut
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:34:49 -0700
Jim,

It is the lower radiator hose that closes when the rubber is soft so
that the water pump flow collapses it.

Originally this hose had an internal spring to prevent collapse.  With
the attempt to make fewer stocking numbers the manufacturer's eliminated
the spring, as hoses can be both upper and lower.

Pep Boys carries a selection of hose springs to fit in, and they are not
expensive.  However the largest seems to be 3/4 inch.  Some hoses have a
built-in the rubber spring and look like the rubber is conforming to it.

Find the ID of the hose (I forgot) and get a spring that fits in.  Does
not have to be a tight fit, however.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman