Re: [Tigers] Off Topic... Laptop Issue, my data logger..

To: drmayf@mayfco.com, LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Off Topic... Laptop Issue, my data logger..
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 09:40:00 -0300
I hear 'ya brother.....frustrating!

No matter how competent you might become with these infernal digital brains,
there is always another level of mystery
that can rise up and bite you.

I have a son in IT, and passed your problem along for his view of this
miscreant laptop. Here is his answer:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Dad;

Hard to say for sure -- interesting problem.

My initial thought is that the integrated mouse pad may be fighting
with the external mouse -- he' has tried many of the logical things
already, so maybe try disabling the integrated mouse pad and see if
that helps.

--Don
Typical brief but succinct answer.

Just like diagnosing a perplexing tuning problem, you have to go through the
steps logically and one at a time.

I hope this helps!

Best of luck,

Dave