Re: [Tigers] Valve Covers (polling)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Valve Covers (polling)
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 11:48:32 -0700
Regarding items 1-4 on the valve cover poll (too large to include) and >>>I
find these things interesting.<<<

  I agree with Ron on all accounts. Duke,  I'm not suggesting the Forum idea
was bad, only that the list is also appropriate.  The difficulty with a
forum is someone needs to set up the question and monitor it.  Thus, you
have to ask (in many cases trouble) the forum moderator, and they have to
agree.  For what it's worth a few years back we got on the subject of the
age of Tiger owners.  I offered to "poll" the information (some came
private, others in the general list) and got well over 100 responses.  So,
it can be effective.

Therefore, as it relates to the Tiger list I think:
Best - Tiger associated discussion.
Acceptable - Automotive issues that can be Tiger related.
Tolerable - Discussion by a frequent member about a non-Tiger vehicle that
has them pulling their hair out and is seeking general advice.
Delete~Able - Discussion that goes way off "Tigers".  Maybe for me it is
like my mother in law.  Rather than getting upset at the antics I take the
approach of  "how far can you go to amuse me."  Thus, there is a smile on my
face as I hit the delete key.  The further out it goes, the bigger my smile.

Lastly if I give a reply, it is almost always to the list.  I'd rather have
someone correct my possible error than mislead someone by my mistake in a
private message.  At times I get the impression some feel the list exists
for the purpose of not being needed.  That being people (often new) are told
to search first, - then ask. Or they hear, "we have gone over this before."
I'd rather hear the "Panasport" question asked 1000 times than see a lack of
"community" on the list.

  I'm sorry to ramble on (and yikes - get off subject).  I realize there
needs to be limits, but also understanding.  Eight years here has shown me
that off topic subjects die out and those that might be called
trouble-makers drift off.  Smile, Delete..., smile, delete... .

Tom

[demime found a multipart/alternative section which it tried
to parse but could not find any section which it could render. Please send
plain text.]
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
AM