[Tigers] One wire alt. problem

To: Beamclub <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] One wire alt. problem
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 14:59:17 -0700 (PDT)
Recently Ron F.( I think ) posted a drawing to show how he wired his Tiger when
he installed a one wire alternator. His alt. also had a small wire that went to
the idiot light. Mine doesn't. I can make the system charge but the light wont
go off when the key is turned off. I don't have any wires terminated
permanently. The way it is working is by connecting the wires going to the
middle set of points on the voltage reg. the system charges and the idiot light
does go out BUT when I turn the ignition off the light comes back on- making me
have to open the closed circuit that gets things charging. I emailed Steve
Laiffman as I remember there where other resolutions on the TU website but I
couldn't locate the article and Steve replied it was lost in cyber space as he
too was unable to locate it and you know how good he is at using the search
function. Any help would be appreciated.
regards, TonytheTiger