[Tigers] Ron Davis Radiator for sale...confused, again

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Ron Davis Radiator for sale...confused, again
From: Cullen McCann <cmccann@lwpb.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 08:35:57 -0500
Listers,

There is a Ron Davis aluminum Tiger radiator on eBay, item number
"230285901409"...

When this radiator first was listed on eBay, I saw it within an hour that it
was listed. I called Ron Davis' company and asked what a new one costs, and
what was the lead time to get one, they told me the radiator was 545.00 +
shipping and would be ready to ship in approximately 3 weeks. The one on eBay
started out at 99 dollars and I immediately offered the guy 250 ( and I knew
it was low, but heck, it never hurts to ask) he was very polite, he and I
negotiated and basically he would have taken about 340 + shipping for it at
the time, to end the auction early. Now it looks like I should have done it
since it has bid all the way up to 515.00 as of this morning, but I really
wasn't looking for one, I just considered it lightly....

But this is what confuses me. I admit this radiator looks as good as new, but
he says it is several years old and was installed ( but not run) on his late
brothers car. Buying it from him on eBay it will not come with a warranty, no
receipt, and could have something wrong with it...or at least you are taking
the sellers word like everything else...and will have shipping cost associated
with it just like the new one would. Right now the cost of the radiator is
within 30 bucks of the cost of a new one...and it has over 2 days left....and
prices always go up some at the last minute. I know we have seen this before
and discussed it with regards to the lat valve covers and other bits, but I
guess I feel compelled to scream out at the list....especially if the buyers
are out there listening. ....WHY WOULD ANYONE PAY FULL VALUE OR MORE THAN FULL
VALUE for a used part when the new one is available, with receipt and warrant
and has almost no wait time!!!! I truly do not understand....

Thanks everyone for letting me get on my soapbox for a brief second. Obviously
this doesn't hurt anyone but the buyer himself, and maybe he or she has their
reasons....

Cullen
B382001452 LROFE