Re: [Tigers] issues with tapping the oil filter lines

To: <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>, "Sandy Ganz" <sganz@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] issues with tapping the oil filter lines
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 13:32:26 -0600
You want the oil to be flowing past the sender, otherwise you're going
to get incorrect temperatures.
My remote oil filter base has 1/2NPT fittings on each end of the inlet
and outlet ports - the obvious place for me to put a sender (besides the
fitting in my Canton pan) would be to put a 1/2 to 1/8NPT adapter in the
end of one of these ports and screw the fitting into that. You might
find that your filter base has enough beef to drill and thread for
1/8NPT somewhere, if it doesn't have the multiple ports to begin with.

As Sandy suggested... -8 lines are a little skimpy for a remote filter
setup especially if you end up running a couple feet of hose.

Theo