Re: [Tigers] Front turn signal and running light - ballast resistor

To: "'James E. Pickard'" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Front turn signal and running light - ballast resistor
From: "Jerry" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 18:39:33 -0500
Jim,

When I finished my restoration eight years ago, one of the things I had to
change was those little parking lights. Very poor design from what I
remember being exposed to the wheel well mud, rain, etc.

What I found that has worked for the last eight years is a small socket made
from a soft plastic that uses the same bulb as the original, and with a
little cutting with a razor blade or Exato knife. If I remember there are
four tabs on the socket and you only need two so you have to carefully trim
off two of the tabs so it will fit into the Tiger turn signal bucket.
Another up side is there are two wires coming out of the back of the socket
hook one to the red pos. side and as another lister said and is a great idea
get a good ground to attach to. I drilled a small hole in the pinch weld
towards the inside and used a 6-32 SS bolt for the ground.

The part is available from Pep Boys,Autozone the number is 85814 it's listed
as "lic. side marker socket" cost is $3.99 each. Comes in a blister pkg.

Good luck

Jerry Christopherson

9473187