Re: [Tigers] Thunderbird 302s

To: fordlandia@sbcglobal.net, Beamclub <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Thunderbird 302s
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 12:46:18 -0700 (PDT)
If one moved his water pump back 1.5" that would make more room but now how do
I bring the crank pulley in alignment with the pump pulley. Thinking the pump
is further back I would then have to move the pressed on flange the pulley
bolts to as far forward as possible. I don't think there is that much room, so
next would be shimming the pulley as well in order to align the two pulleys and
that's not even considering the generator as its now out of line as well. Those
running an alternator would have an easier time moving it, perhaps, but so far
I only see the shorter pump creating more problems than it fixes but I like the
idea if someone can tell me how it can all work to benefit the purchase and the
additional work needed to get everything else shorter as well.

TtT