[Tigers] 10 Hours in a Tiger

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] 10 Hours in a Tiger
From: GRMTim@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 21:22:31 EDT
Not really knowing what to expect, we headed off to start the Bluegrass 1000
tour in our newly finished 1965 Sunbeam Tiger. With little more than 100 miles
of real testing and sorting, we rolled the dice and headed out for four days
and 1000 miles of driving on all kinds of roads.

After our first day and close to ten hours in the seat, we are ecstatic, The
car ran like a top and gave us virtually no trouble. The only real problem we
had was a speedometer that went on the fritz.

Perhaps even more important than actually surviving the day, is the fact that
both Margie and I really like the car. It is powerful, yet docile and is very
well mannered, even when we got lost in downtown Louisville, during rush
hour. We are averaging about 15 mpg, with our 410 horsepower stroker motor and
do
not feel at all beat up after a day of hard driving. The 3.07:1 final drive
works great, even on the interstate. The exhaust is loud in town, but quiet on
the highway and on back roads. The seats are comfortable. The heat worked when
we needed it and air vents worked well when it got warm outside. We have no
back aches or complaints and are both thoroughly in love with our Tiger.

We have three more days, but so far so good. Today we got to run at the
Kentucky speedway and went from Louisville all the way to the Natural Bridge
state
park in eastern Kentucky.

If anyone wants to see pics, you can go to our website,
ClassicMotorsports.net, where we keep all our updates, tech notes and pics.

Tim Suddard
Publisher; Classic Motorsports
and Grassroots Motorsports magazines
www.classicmotorsports.net
www.grassrootsmotorsports.com
Phone: (386) 673-4148 Fax: (386) 673-6040

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination.