Re: [Tigers] speaking of parts suppliers

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] speaking of parts suppliers
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 10:38:43 -0700
My understanding is that some parts come from the greater "Asian Area."  It
was stated that, 'either that or it would be cost prohibitive to
remanufacture the part.'  I'm thinking ball joints in particular here.  As I
recall there was a letter in the CAT shop notes stating that the ball joints
(Alpine) - even as delivered to Rootes were never specified for the Tiger by
the manufacturer (Q-H).

So, to my knowledge, if you could even find NOS ball joints they are not
spec-ed by the manufacture for a Tiger. Or, you can have an off shore
reproduction.  If it is any comfort I also recall some discussion that one
seller rejected a few versions of the joints until they were satisfied with
the quality.  Most of this is 8 years recollection of list discussion so
please chime in and correct any errors (brain is over half a century and
rapidly deteriorating).
Tom

[demime found a multipart/alternative section which it tried
to parse but could not find any section which it could render. Please send
plain text.]
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
AM