Re: [Tigers] Carb Size Calculator Tool

To: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Carb Size Calculator Tool
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 16:17:41 -0300
Hi Sandy;

Thanks for this. You have proven what we all should know intuitively, (that
we over-carbureted our engines) assuming your calculations are correct.
And of course without going to a dyno as you have suggested, we will not
know for sure.

But in my case, I have a bored and stroked 289 that measures out to 331 cu.
in. and I have a 5500 rpm limiter chip in my 6AL MSD fire generator, so
with the 600 cfm Edelbrock I have on my intake manifold, my carb is quite a
bit oversize. (by your calculation should be 474 cu in.).

Much more fun though to talk about the 600 on there...474 doesn't sound all
that impressive.

Must be why some guys have 700's with mechanical secondary's on their
289's....

Bragging rights!

Dave