Re: [Tigers] tiger tranny color

To: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] tiger tranny color
From: "Rense, Mark (GE Indust, ConsInd)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 15:32:23 -0400
Tom,
Now you've done it! You have opened up a real can of (rusty) worms here.
I can see endless list discussions about "vintage" transmission rust
verses "modern" rust, what color it should be, the correct mixture of
road grime allowable in the oxide, and the appropriate thickness. Then
will come the arguments towards how all this relates to the authenticity
of a car being judged for TAC. Don't we have enough to worry about with
that whole engine paint color thing?

Just don't say anything about Salisbury rear end coatings...oops, too
late!

:>)
Bugz