Re: [Tigers] S.U. Electric Fuel Pumps and Down-Draft Carbs

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] S.U. Electric Fuel Pumps and Down-Draft Carbs
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 21:04:43 -0700
>>>You Left Coast guys don't understand the basic mechanical and fuel-system
>>>knowledge...<<<

  Well...,  I'm a New Jersey transplant in So. Cal. for 41 years now, but
that probably still makes me a "Left Coast"-er by definition.  I've done
some of those "Hillbilly Mechanics" - with a Left Coast twist.   Circa 1976
I took a Datsun 510 and cut out the primary/secondary separator in the
stock, down draft intake.  With some bends in flat sheet steel I fashioned a
90 degree adapter to install a side draft Datsun 2000 roadster S.U. to the
510.   That and my self ported head had me thinking I was ready to race John
Morton.   The concept of the Rover TC 3500 V-8 and it's dual S.U.'s has
crossed my mind (fleetingly) when my mind wonders about Tiger possibilities.
The reason this information never reached "your parts yonder," is because
stuff like this happened at Area 51, inside Hanger 18 and it has only been
recent disclosure laws that brings such covert knowledge to the far reaches
of your location.  :-)

  Not everyone out here lives on Starbucks and Sushi.   Some of us go to
church on Sunday, vote conservative, homeschool our kids and, yes, - even
work on our own cars!  Anyway, "Left Coast" is all a matter of whether you
are looking north..., or south.  So to use a Jersey expression, "Ahhyyy, -
right back at ya!"  (I grin too).  Thanks for the cultural exchange as a
fellow Tiger owners, I really do appreciate it.  I have owned a Volvo 544,
Datsun 240Z and curently have a 510 all with the S.U. style carburators.  I
consider the experience some of the better parts of my hobby.

Tom

[demime found a multipart/alternative section which it tried
to parse but could not find any section which it could render. Please send
plain text.]
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
7:53 PM