Re: [Tigers] Door Glass

To: clydemclaughlin@verizon.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Door Glass
From: AAAGLASSS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 21:18:57 EDT
Take up stop off of sash channel(flat screw at front). Remove inner door
remote and arm to latch(the thing the inner door release handel fits on).
Take
all screws off of the regulator and balance bar(4 on reg 4 on bar 2 under
arm). Work regulator out of lower sash channel. Slide glass out at top. Lower
sash channel is press fitted on glass. We use a brick breaker that has had the
sharp edge ground flat to drive the channel off of the glass. Any type  of
chisel/driver that is flat can be used to do this. Lay the glass on a
protected
surface hold tool on edge of channel and at the same time push down on  glass
and drive off channel. Check for rust in sash, grind out rust & paint.  Or
take
to a glass shop and have them do it for you. Check felts in door if bad
replace. If you need more info on this let me know Lee

In a message dated 10/27/2008 5:05:50 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,