[Tigers] Retractable 3 point seat belts (Shoulder belt style)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Retractable 3 point seat belts (Shoulder belt style)
From: "Kim Fabbro" <fabbro@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 08:29:29 -0700
Hi all

  I am working on a ground up restoration of my wife's 1965 Tiger. For added
safety I want to add to the car top quality retractable seat belts with the
shoulder support. The car will be a standard daily driver. In this case we
are looking for some thing that looks almost factory or period correct and
performs smoothly in and out. I copied and pasted the link from the E-bay
site below selling a seat belt that the claim will fit a Sunbeam. I imagine
that this belt set up in generic and will fit anything if you try hard
enough. I have no problems in fabrication of steels and other materials to
make a good safe fit to the car. The key is the proper length, width of
strap (so it will not dig in to the neck) and strong retractable latching
mechanism. If some one has this set up please forward were to purchase or
what car they can be removed from. Also a recommended upper location for the
shoulder pivot point eye. Photos of the mounting would help out immensely.

Best Regards,

Kim

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SEAT-BELT-sunbeam-TIGER-64-67-66-65-1964-1967
-1966-1965_W0QQitemZ370103472001QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item370103472001&_trkpar
ms=72%3A727%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245