Re: [Tigers] Brake pressure switch

To: "'Robert J. Wanty'" <rjw@wengco.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brake pressure switch
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 08:36:14 -0500
Bob
        Yes, there are replacements available; check with Sunbeam
Specialties and Classic Sunbeam.

The thread on this switch is 3/8 x 24 not the more common pipe thread style
so finding one at the local auto parts store could be difficult except maybe
a  foreign auto parts store.

If you are using silicone brake fluid you may experience a higher rate of
failure of these switches.

I installed an electrical switch at the brake pedal for safety reasons, the
brake lights come on quicker, and it became mandatory when I installed a
cruise control system.

Ron Fraser