Re: [Tigers] Generator disassembly

To: "'James E. Pickard'" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>, <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Generator disassembly
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 19:35:10 -0500
A friend removed my pulley using a torch and a press.  What I didn't
realize was that he also reshaped it a bit, which caused the belt to
vibrate like crazy at certain speeds, such as highway speed.  This wore
a hole in my lower hose just outside Burlington VT, many hour from home,
but, thankfully, minutes from the site of the TE/AE United that year.  A
local auto electrical shop (old school style) had a replacement hanging
on the wall.  Been there for years, not sure where he got it, etc.

So be careful removing that pulley.  It can lead to all sorts of fun.

Stu