Re: [Tigers] Fan- at SEMA

To: Jerry <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fan- at SEMA
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 12:31:10 -0800
Jerry and Tigers,

In the article "Cool It Buddy!" on TigersUnited.com:

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/SteveLaifmanValance/pt-SteveLaifmanValance1.asp

contains pics and info on my high efficiency electric fan, recommended
by Bob Palmer. EXCERPT:

/"The fan is a 13" pusher type, 1600 CFM and I ordered it by phone
(credit cards accepted) from Quest Cooling. 13" is the size that fits.
It comes with the "Terminator" motor and is the maximum size I could get
to mount flush with the radiator, and fit the space. For information,
call 800-272-FANS (3267) and talk with Gary. You can also write for info
catalog to Quest Cooling 25520 Avenue Stanford, Unit 304 Valencia, CA
91355."
/
I have used this system for many years, and the article was written in 2001.

Here is one that works extremely well with our 105 F. temps, uphill, in
traffic!  I used a manual switch as those temp sensors clipped on the
fins can wear through the fins or tubes.  Only needed to switch it on in
rare circumstances, as the rest of the cooling system design handles
most any speed, situation - including a 5,000 ft climb to Big Bear United.

Steve
//

___
Steve Laifman