Re: [Tigers] Non Tiger, But this looks Fun

To: tigerlat70@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Non Tiger, But this looks Fun
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:50:53 -0800
Steve, and Tigers,

Back in the day, we held Gymkhana on Sunday in a mall parking lot across
the street from the Farmer's Market (L.A.).  They were actually closed
Sundays, and there were no parking concrete stops.  It was divided into
a number of courses, and was very tight.  Mostly members of the MG Car
Club of America.  I turned some award winning times. A good friend lent
me his new 1954 Jag XK120M and I got an excellent run in a course
designed for smaller cars. :-)         Must have burned 5,000 miles of
rubber in that one course.

I bought one the next quarter.

Example parking cone layout:
                      Center

                    O      O
                  Finish box
                    O      O

                    O      O

O  O  O  O  O  |   O  O  O  O

                    O      O

                    O      O
                   Start box
                    O      O

            Figure "8" loops.

TigersUnited XXII (?) Big Bear had a great course on a runway, with all
the challenges connected.  WOW!

Well, I finished, anyway!

Steve

___