Re: [Tigers] Fw: motor placement from down under

To: rtscolgan@yahoo.com, tigers@autox.team.net, DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fw: motor placement from down under
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 09:00:41 -0800 (PST)
Dave and All- While respecting Dave to the max and know his Beam knowledge is
in the top percentile. I have to say that using the lift plate mounted to the
intake fixes the bottle jack under the trans. The plate has three lifting holes
which allows the engine/tranny to be lifted level or tilted either direction
while allowing the ability to lift the front or push down as well. It makes
reinstalling the engine/trans from the top or the bottom a much easier task.
Someone posted a url of the lift plate some months back and although mine is
homade, using an orginal as a template, I cant imangine using any other tool to
RandR any engine or engine and tranny, no matter what model auto and especially
the Tiger. It doesnt work on a 1725 Alpine engine but anything with an intake
becomes much easier.