Re: [Tigers] Speedo and Tach

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Speedo and Tach
From: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 12:58:15 -0500
IMHO the solution to the tach problems is to have Tom Hall (or Theo)
replace the insides with their electronic circuit.  The price is about
the same as a rebuild by Nisonger (or maybe less, I haven't checked in a
while).  I sent Tom a Series IV Alpine tach that reads to 7000 and he
used it to make a tach for my Tiger.  It does say (in small letters) 4
cyl positive earth but otherwise matches the stock gauges  (at least for
MkI's and MkIA's - use a Series V Alpine if you want to match the MkII
gauges).  It works great with my Pertronix setup and will continue to
work that way for a long time, probably longer than I will.  Next on my
list is the speedo which reads about 10 mph low.  The article Ron Fraser
refers to has lots of good info in it, so I may try it on the spare that
I have.  Otherwise, I think it has to go to someone who knows what they
are doing.

Tod
B382002384LRXFE