Re: [Tigers] hard-top questions

To: Samouce's <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>, Rollright@aol.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] hard-top questions
From: Tony McNulty <bamcnulty@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 12:14:17 -0500
I recall seeing a new hardtop hanging on the Parts Dept. wall at Broughton
Motors in San Antonio back in April of 1967, just as they were rolling up
Sunbeam operations.  That top was in red primer.  I didn't purchase it at
the time (DOH!!) because I didn't have the $150 they were asking.

I did find a used one in Oakland in 1976, and snapped it right up.  It was
painted black, which came off readily when I started to wax it, so I took it
down to its base color with mild rubbing compound, and that color was (is)
BRG -- happily the color of my Tiger.

.... for what it's worth.

Tony McNulty
B382001321