Re: [Tigers] FlowMaster too loud?

To: "'Thomas Witt'" <atwittsend@verizon.net>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] FlowMaster too loud?
From: "A. C. Tynes" <v8tracker@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 16:25:41 -0600
Tom,

I am using the supposedly louder two chamber Flowmasters on my Mustang GT
and love them. I don't have any problems with resonance at any speed while
having a very nice sound at idle and under acceleration. The harder I
accelerate, the better it sounds. This a true dual system with only the
Flowmaster mufflers and tail pipes changed with an increase in diameter from
2.25" to 2.50".

I wonder if the boominess could be due to it being a single pipe system with
a fairly large diameter pipe? I think Owain's suggestion to add a glasspack
in series would probably be the easy and cheap solution whatever the cause.

HTH,
A. C. Tynes
New Orleans