Re: [Tigers] Barrett-Jackson Arizona 2009

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Barrett-Jackson Arizona 2009
From: "michael king" <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:47:44 +1100
regarding classic values, i think that we saw a lot of speculators get
involved in the market and force the prices of muscle cars in both USA and
Australia way out of control. the issue being people started buying them and
turnign them over quickly. The problem with this is that the people doing it
are not really enthusiasts.. they are buying them to make money.

I think the Tigers, while moving strongly up in the market are largely
bought by people who really want them, not speculators. Hence our prices are
a little more stable as the cars are more a niche market of enthusiasts..
its not like many people know what they even are.

During the downturn its the normal cars that generally get hit.. a guy with
a shelby cobra is not concerned about where the next mortgage payment is
coming from.. a guy with a healey sprtie is.. they will turn the sprite over
for a quick $.. but the people in that market are probably a bit n the lean
side too.. you have a cobra or a ferrari 250GTO.. there are always more
people than cars and som,ene willing to pay a premium to get it if someone
HAD to sell it.

--
Regards

Michael King