Re: [Tigers] Temp sending unit install

To: tigers@autox.team.net, "Russ and Tammy C." <rtscolgan@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Temp sending unit install
From: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 15:37:46 -0500
What I have done to install the temp. sender in my car is to obtain a
thermostat housing that has a tapped hole in it (for a smog temp sender,
IIRC) already in place.  The housing was used on some Ford small blocks
circa 1970's.  The only issue is matching the threads in the housing
with those on the Smiths sender.  I was able to locate an adapter to do
the job.  Unfortunately, I don't recall the details nor did I keep any
notes.  I can send a pic if anyone is interested.

Tod
B382002384LRXFE