Re: [Tigers] The moral dilemma

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] The moral dilemma
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:56:38 -0800
Mark,

An interesting point, but there is a dilemma.

1) If you have a "LAT F4B", and the sender is no longer available, would
you get a deduct for changing the thread and having the wrong threads
and sender?

2) If you have an Edelbrock OEM manifold, identical in every way except
the sender thread is now Tiger original, as is the sender, AND it is
undetectably the same as the LAT manifold, would the deduct be larger?
(How many antique cars were restored and missing parts re-made exactly
as original?)

3) Where would one rank an Edelbrock OEM manifold identical in every way
except the sender thread is now LAT original, as is the sender. Would
the deduct be larger?  How would any examiner know - especially if this
is a subsequent owner and didn't know himself.  Could have been done
when the car was new, by either the new owner, or a dealer.

Regardless of this "how many angels" conundrum, isn't it better that the
sender match the gauge to give identical accuracy (good or bad)?

"'Tis a Puzzlement"

Steve

___
Steve Laifman