Re: [Tigers] Front Shock selection?

To: Fabbro <fabbro@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Front Shock selection?
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 11:57:00 -0800
Kim, and Tigers,

A number of years ago I felt that my '65 original Armstrong shocks were
not "in character" for the car.  I removed (and kept) them and purchased
a set of 2 front and 2 rear Koni adjustable shocks from Sunbeam
Specialties.  Rick and CAT and made a combined order, and both were
selling them.  These were especially made for the Tiger, and were
adjustable (as well as Orange!)

I found that they performed well, as did the similar Konis I had on my
RED TOI "Sebring", and my 356 Porsche.

They are still available, along with Spax, at Sunbeam Specialties (under
Catalog / Shock Absorbers) for $185 each.

http://www.rootes.com/catalogindex.html

If you intend Autocross, or race competition, I am sure those
enthusiasts have their own recommendations, but if you drive it on the
street, you might temper the suggestions.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com